November 4, 2016

October Favorites


I can't believe it's already November! October went by far too quickly

My favorites list this month is fairly small. I've tried quite a few new things but only a handful have made it into my daily routine. 

1. Pure & Aqua Purequa moisture water cleansing sheets ($4.98 for 50 sheets): I'm usually not a big fan of makeup remover wipes but some days you either get lazy or just need a quick cleaning when you get home from work and it's too early to start your night routine. I picked up a pack of these sheets at Marukai and I really, really enjoy them. The sheets are fairly large and moist and feel gentle when removing makeup. Instead of feeling dry afterward my skin feels slightly moisturized due to the hyaluronic acid in the sheets. 

2. Korres bergamot pear hand cream ($14.50 for 2.54 oz): Thanks to the weather and all the fabric dyeing I've been doing my hands have been extremely dry. None of my standard hand creams have felt moisturizing enough. Korres' is great; it's thick and super moisturizing but sinks in fast and doesn't leave my hands feeling greasy (which is a hell no in my book). The scent is also light and fresh. I feel like this tube is going to last me months since a little goes a long way. 

3. Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot powder ($16.00 for 0.31 oz): I'll admit that I only owned this powder for a few days in October but I already know that it's one of my new favorites. It goes on smooth and doesn't irritate any of my dry spots while, at the same time, helping out the oil slick that is my t-zone. I tend to use quite a bit of powder and unlike some that I've used in the past I don't look overly powdery with it. I still need to blot during lunchtime but that's a given. The price point of this powder is also stellar, especially when you use one of Ulta's ever present coupons on it 

4. Too Faced Hangover replenishing face primer ($32.00 for 1.35 oz): I used to think primers were kind of gimmicky but then again, maybe I just hadn't found the right one for me. I had a deluxe sample size of this primer and really enjoyed it; so much so that I'll be purchasing a full size during the Sephora sale. It played well with both my oily t-zone and dry cheeks. My foundation (ABH stick foundation) blended in beautifully and my dry spots stayed moisturized. It even seemed to help my t-zone from becoming too much like an oil slick. 

5. Urban Decay Vice lipstick in sheer Shame ($17.00 for 0.11 oz): After trying out Glossier's Generation G line I've kind of fallen in love with sheer lipsticks. The unfortunate thing is that the Glossier line seemed to dry out my lips something fierce after daily use. To replace my favorite shade, Jam, I turned to Urban Decay's sheer Shame. It's a gorgeous berry, not as deep as Jam, and slightly glossy. Shame is fairly moisturizing and has decent staying power for a sheer. It's a great everyday work appropriate lipstick. One swipe will give you a barely there flush and two or three will give you a deeper berry. 

No comments :

Post a Comment