September 23, 2016

More pillow designs


Here are two throw pillow cases I made this past week. The fronts are hand dyed cotton and the blacks are black cotton with an envelope closure. Both are currently in my shop with the ability to purchase an optional pillow insert.

I've been really enjoying this method of dyeing fabric but I will admit that I toss more than I keep. The method is very much centered around trial and error for me and if I'm not happy with the way a piece comes out there's no point in keeping it. Unfortunate since purchasing practice yardage eats quite a chunk out of my bi-weekly budget.

I really wish I was able to take better photos, colors in real life always look so much brighter. Unfortunately my almost but not quite a DSLR camera bit the dust recently so I'm relegated to using my phone for photos until I can save up for another camera.

No comments :

Post a Comment